GREEK MYTHS FOR GROWN-UPS (day & eve event)
With Alice Oswald, Hugh Lupton, Ben Haggarty, Daniel Morden, Acrojou, Dr Helen King, The Trans-Siberian March Band.
Get into Greek myths, Crick Crack Club Style!
Encounter epics by firelight, the musings of shipwrecked warriors, wild ideas, gravity-defying Satyrs and an explosion of Balkan brass, as we enter a world where humans are the playthings of the gods.
Midas with his golden touch, Artemis the wild huntress, Orpheus in the underworld, Atalanta raised by bear, Odysseus trying to get home. This is a one-day extravaganza of stories, jesters, words, music, food, beautiful countryside & a stunning venue.
Whether you know nothing, or lots about Greek mythology, or have only ever encountered them in their censored childhood guise, then this will be a feast for your imagination!
Come and do it like they do on Mount Olympus...
GOOD THINGS TO KNOW...
- This is an event for adults.
- The event takes place at the Ancient Technology Centre: www.ancienttechnologycentre.com The main performances will take place in the Earthouse venue. Music and Satyrs outside - weather dependent.
- Bring a cushion & wear sensible shoes! For the evening, bring warm clothes. A torch might come in handy too!
- Food: Bring a picnic lunch. We'll cook an evening meal and send you an invitation to buy a meal ticket in due course (or you can bring another picnic!).
- Refreshments: There will be tea & coffee on sale. A basic bar will be open on site from 5.30pm
- The site opens at 12noon.
- We're currently selling whole event tickets. Tickets for individual shows will be on sale at a later date, depending on the demand for whole event tickets.
- Wheelchair users can drive up to the venue, but please let us know in advance if you’ll need to do this: email@example.com
- We sometimes have (official) photographers discreetly taking pictures at our events – if you don’t want to be in these pictures, then please let a member of staff know.
- The ATC is a no smoking site.
- No dogs are allowed on site – we have some ancient breeds of sheep who live here, and they wouldn’t appreciate the company! Please don't leave dogs in hot cars, or let them out in the school carpark.
- Parking: Turn off Damerham Road into Cranborne Middle School. Parking is in the school car-park (or sensibly on the main road). Then walk up the lane from the car-park to the Ancient Technology Centre
- Refunds are not available. If you can't attend, then we suggest you gift your ticket to someone else.
From 12:00PM to 10:45PM
Cranborne Earthouse, Dorset, BH21 5RP