Dee Village, Aberdeen City, AB11 6JD
Wed 17th July 2019

Perennial favourite walk, set in Aberdeen’s first Georgian suburb of Ferryhill, so named because of the ferry between Craiglug and Wellington Road which operated before the suspension bridge was built in 1830. 

Including the dodgy dealings which whisked Arthurseat estate away from its missing owner, the story behind the flamboyant Devanha House, the "lost" Dee Village, some of Ferryhill's fabulous architectural origins, and the tale of the arctic explorer who retired to South Crown Street.   And, the creepy legend which concerns a mysterious hole which opened up in what was the garden of the old Cowdray Club.  We round off at Hygeia’s statue, Duthie Park, the memorial for Miss Elizabeth Crombie Duthie, founder of the park.

Enjoy your supper beforehand with our friends at Inn at the Park Hotel, Polmuir Road

Start: "Dee Village" / Old Hydro Electric Building flats - at bus stop across from New China takeaway

End: Duthie Park

Duration: Approx 2hrs

Google map static shot of Dee Village, Aberdeen City, AB11 6JD
Share this event