Madehurst Cricket Club
Madehurst is a West Sussex downland village near Slindon and Arundel with a population of one hundred and twenty, fifty-six houses, a church and a cricket club. Madehurst CC first formed shortly after the First World War in 1923 and although not located in its current location was still within Dale Park Estate. Records show the club disbanded just before the outbreak of the Second World War in 1939 and it wasn’t until around the early 1950’s when the club reformed and started playing cricket at the current ground “The Madehurst Bowl”. Sadly with a lack of players the club disbanded again in the 1960’s but once again rose from the ashes in 1997 and still thrives today. It has only really been the recent last few years that the cricket club has become recognised as one of the best village grounds in the South Downs. Blessed with a beautiful, idyllic location with 360º rural views the club has invested a great deal of time and money in the ground. The square has been completely re-laid and offers the pace and bounce craved by both bowlers and batsmen alike. In the winter of 2010, after 5 years of fund raising the club embarked on an ambitious project and demolished the old portacabin clubhouse and built a new architect designed pavilion. Completed in 2011 the new pavilion now offers the cricketers a spacious and comfortable environment with luxury changing rooms and showers and of course a fully licensed bar. This new facility is already proving popular as a wedding and party venue and is available for hire for a variety of functions. Please see the picture gallery giving a taste of a few recent events.