For all the family to attend!
Minimum age: 4 years
Tailored First Aid training for parents, grandparents and Children
These First Aid for parents, grandparents and Children courses are very popular and as parents ourselves, we ensure that we cover all the common first aid emergencies and empower you with confidence to help when it really matters.
Our courses are practical, and we have ample mannequins to enable lots of hands-on experience.
Children from the age of 6 can learn these skills along with you and we often run courses for groups of children wanting to learn these vital skills for babysitting, Duke of Edinburgh, in preparation for secondary school or just to have additional knowledge to keep themselves and their friends safe.
If you attend one of our courses, you will be awarded with an Emergency First Aid Certificate on the day. The certificate is valid for 3 years.
This course will be adapted to the needs of those attending, but as a guide we usually cover:
• Action in an emergency
• Priorities if your baby or child appears to be unconscious
• How to establish if they are breathing
• Understanding the best time to phone an ambulance
• Practical sessions on the recovery position and resuscitation (CPR)
• How to put a baby and child into the recovery position
• First Aid kits
• Bleeding and Shock
• Burns and Scalds
• Head injuries
• Febrile convulsions and fitting
• Meningitis and Septicaemia