FORGOTTEN FERRYHILL: THE GEORGIAN SUBURB
Perennial favourite walk, set in Aberdeen’s first Georgian suburb of Ferryhill, so named because of the ferry between Craiglug and Wellington Road which operated before the suspension bridge was built in 1830.
Including the dodgy dealings which whisked Arthurseat estate away from its missing owner, the story behind the flamboyant Devanha House, the "lost" Dee Village, some of Ferryhill's fabulous architectural origins, and the tale of the arctic explorer who retired to South Crown Street. And, the creepy legend which concerns a mysterious hole which opened up in what was the garden of the old Cowdray Club. We round off at Hygeia’s statue, Duthie Park, the memorial for Miss Elizabeth Crombie Duthie, founder of the park.
Start: "Dee Village" / Old Hydro Electric Building flats - at bus stop across from New China takeaway
End: Duthie Park
Duration: Approx 2hrs
|No dates currently listed|