Join renowned textile artist Alison Moger to create yourown unique beautiful piece of textile art to either frame or wear.
We are all drawn to objects within our lives, and thewearable object often is a response to identity and how we want others toidentify us.
For this workshop we will be creating a small wearable piece ofwork to embellish a garment or a stand alone object.
Please bring along if possible
1. Embroidery hoop size of your choice this couldbe used as a permanent frame if desired.
2. Embroidery threads of your colour choice I willalso have thread available.
3. Fabrics that are personal to you and have asentimental value that are suitable for hand embroidery (linen, cotton, closeknit wool old blankets often work well) thick fabric with a very tight weave isnot normally suitable as the embroidery needle needs the glide through thefabric with ease. I will have some lovely vintage fabric.
4. Embroidery needles a pack of mixed sizes ifpossible but I will also have a selection on hand, I will also bring along mysewing machine so that some experimental free-stitch can be explored.
5. Vintage buttons, old buckles, clasps, beads andany other quirky items of your choice always work well.