Fairytales for Grown-ups: THE LIFE AND LOVES OF FIONN MACCUMHAILL
N.B: 7pm start-time & show in three parts
THE LIFE AND LOVES OF FIONN MACCUMHAILL - Tales of an Irish Superheroperformance storytelling by Ben Haggarty
It is said that if ever a day should pass without the name of Fionn and the Fianna being uttered, then the whole world will sink under the waves...
A flawed hero
A child raised by a deer
And a thumb itching with knowledge...
The epic adventures of the impulsive Irish hunter warrior, Fionn MacCumhaill, and his companions is one of the most entertaining hero cycles in the world.
With the birth of a leader descended from the gods, the warrior men and women duty bound to defend Ireland from raiders of the north find themselves instead embroiled in a complex struggle with myriad invaders from a decidedly mysterious 'Other world.
Magical, comedic, tragic, strange and utterly unpredictable - Ben Haggarty, one of the UK's best-loved storytellers, takes us on a wild encounter, in three parts over three hours! This is an epic that deserves to be epic!
Suitable for adults (children 14+)
In a field on the outskirts of Cranborne village, there is a hill, and it has a door....
One of Dorset's best kept secrets, the Earthouse is a 200 seater theatre - lit by lamplight and fire-light. Here audiences sit on wooden benches, under an earth roof, held up by 21 huge oak tree trunks. They come to listen to stories, told by the UK's finest contemporary performance storytellers. This off-beat, little known venue is a magical cinema of the imagination.
Turn off Damerham Road into Cranborne Middle School. Parking is in the school car-park. Walk up the road from the car-park to the Ancient Technology Centre, and follow the lane and then the twinkly lights and the candle lanterns to the doors of the Earthouse.
GOOD TO KNOW...
- Wrap up warm, bring a cushion & wear sensible shoes! A torch might also come in handy!
- There is no bar on site, and we don’t have a license to sell you alcohol – but we’ll supply something nice instead.
- We open the site at 6pm and the doors of the Earthouse at 7pm. In summer, please feel free to come from 6pm and sit in the sun – you can even bring a picnic (just don’t munch food while the show is on).
- If the show is listed as ‘sold out’ then it really is sold out.
- We have toilets!
- Wheelchair users can drive up to the venue, but please let us know in advance if you’ll need to do this. You can call the ATC on 01725 517 618.
- Shows are unsuitable for under 12s (unless otherwise stated). Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- We sometimes have (official) photographers discreetly taking pictures at these events – if you don’t want to be in these pictures, then please let a member of staff know.
- The ATC is a no smoking site.
- No dogs are allowed on site – we have some ancient breeds of sheep who live here, and they wouldn’t appreciate the company!
- Refunds are not available.
From 7:00PM to 10:45PM
Cranborne Earthouse, Dorset, BH21 5RP