THE GREAT BIG GREEK DAY!
Midas and his golden daughter
Playing the bear with Artemis
The voice of Odysseus adrift
Enter another world - a world where humans encounter gods!
FEATURING: stunning poetry from Alice Oswald, ace academic Helen King talking about the cult of Artemis, and two epic storytelling performances: Metamorphoses by Hugh Lupton & Daniel Morden, and Atalanta, by Ben Haggarty. PLUS epic Balkan music by the Transiberian March Band & acrobatic Satyrs by Acrojou.
This will be a day of sparkling narrative, vivid imagery & wild myth.
GOOD THINGS TO KNOW...
- The event takes place at the Ancient Technology Centre: www.ancienttechnologycentre.com The main performances will take place in the Earthouse venue. Music and Satyrs outside - weather dependent.
- Bring a cushion & wear sensible shoes! For the evening, bring warm clothes. A torch might come in handy too!
- Food: Bring a picnic lunch. We'll cook an evening meal and send you an invitation to buy a meal ticket in due course (or you can bring another picnic!).
- Refreshments: There will be tea & coffee on sale. A basic bar will be open on site from 5.30pm
- The site opens at 12noon.
- We're currently selling whole event tickets. Tickets for individual shows will be on sale at a later date, depending on the demand for whole event tickets.
- Wheelchair users can drive up to the venue, but please let us know in advance if you’ll need to do this: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We sometimes have (official) photographers discreetly taking pictures at our events – if you don’t want to be in these pictures, then please let a member of staff know.
- The ATC is a no smoking site.
- No dogs are allowed on site – we have some ancient breeds of sheep who live here, and they wouldn’t appreciate the company! Please don't leave dogs in hot cars, or let them out in the school carpark.
- Parking: Turn off Damerham Road into Cranborne Middle School. Parking is in the school car-park (or sensibly on the main road). Then walk up the lane from the car-park to the Ancient Technology Centre
- Refunds are not available. If you can't attend, then we suggest you gift your ticket to someone else.
From 12:00PM to 10:45PM
Cranborne Earthouse, Dorset, BH21 5RP