Scottish Awards for New Music 2019
The first allocation of tickets is sold out. We are hoping to release more tickets but please keep an eye on our social media for an announcement.
Following on from 2017 and 2018, New Music Scotland are pleased to launch the third annual Scottish Awards for New Music. Created by New Music Scotland with support from the National Lottery through Creative Scotland’s Open Project Fund, EVM, PRS for Music, Dorico, Steinberg, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and The Good Spirits Company the awards will celebrate and champion the highest standards and achievements of Scotland’s composers, musicians, sound artists, programmers, producers and ensembles. They will highlight and showcase the innovative, experimental and ground-breaking work taking place in Scotland, as well as the depth and breadth of the country’s contemporary music scene.
Join us to celebrate the wonderful variety and quality of work being created in Scotland and/or by Scottish artists.
- The Dorico Award for Small Scale New Work sponsored by Steinberg (1-10 performers)
- Large Scale New Work (11+ performers) sponsored by PRS for Music
- New Music Recording of the Year
- EVM Award for Electroacoustic/Sound Art Work
- Collaboration in New Music
- Community/Education Project
- The RCS Award for Contribution to New Music in Scotland
- New Music Performer(s) of the Year
- Creative Programming
- The Good Spirits Company award for Innovation in New Folk Music sponsored
- The RCS Award for Making It Happen
Early bird £25, £30 after shortlist is announced (April 2019)
tickets include a three course meal:Starter
Sweet Potato Chilli and Lime Soup (V, GF, VG) with Multi Seeded Roll (V and VG)
Moroccan Chickpea, Apricot & Aubergine Tagine (GF, V, VG)
Orange and Chocolate Torte. (GF, V VG)
Admission time at 7:30PM
Starts at 8:00PM
Drygate Brewing Co, Glasgow, G4 0UT