Push the Boat Out - All Club Open day
Everyone is welcome.
MRSC members wishing to volunteer to support this event, please click on the volunteer form link here Volunteer Sign up Form
Visitors please Book your place by clicking the BOOK NOW tab below
What’s On and When: activities from 11.00pm- 5.00pm:
From 11am our Club galley will be open for brunch, which you can enjoy whilst watching the Royal Wedding on our large screen tv or enjoy watching the water flood back into the creek from our club balcony.
From 1pm our on-the-water activities begin:
- Adults can have a go on a Laser 2000 with an expereinced helm
- Children (aged 8 upwards) will enjoy a session on our Club Fevas with our young instructors
- Anyone: can have a go with our radio controlled boats on the pond, enjoy a ride on a rib or cruising yacht or Day Boat, or take to the water to try your hand atkayaking or paddle boarding
- The Club galley and bar will be open for the purchase of light snacks, tea, coffee, other drinks.
- Club History exhibition - did you know that a local doctor founded the club?
- Club members will be present to talk to you about enjoying the Harbour, the different types of sailing we enjoy, facilities and how to become a member.
MRSC is a tidal sailing club so all boats will be back ashore before 5pm on the day so make sure you come earlier to enjoy an on the water experience.
What to bring and wear
Enjoying one of the best climates in the UK, Hayling Island sailing is often warmer and more comfortable than elsewhere, Nevertheless, sometimes it can be chilly out on the water and you may occasionally get wet, so it is advisable to bring something warm to wear, a waterproof jacket, a spare set of clothes, old shoes (e.g. trainers/pumps/beach shoes) and a towel. You can use our comfortable changing rooms and buoyancy aids will be provided.
How do we book a place?
Although booking isn’t mandatory, it does help us plan demand at different times of the day and make sure the right people and the right boats are around to give you the best experience - so please click the 'Book Now' button below and tell us what you are interested in and what time you think you would like to join us.
How long will a taster session last?
That depends on your interests and how many activities you would like to try. We suggest you allow a minimum of a couple of hours if you want to try all the activities.
What if I can’t come on the 19 May?
If you are not free on Saturday 19th, contact the Membership Secretary, who can give you more details of when best to visit the club so you can look around, see our boats, chat to our members and let us share our enthusiasm for sailing with you.
We look forward to seeing you on 19th May.
Registration at 11:00AM
From 11:00AM to 5:00PM
Mengeham Rythe Sailing Club, Hayling Island, PO11 9PG