International Business Training: Letters of Credit for Exporters
This one-day practical workshop aimed at exporting companies, available for members and non-members, is designed for everybody who regularly receives or handles L/Cs.
- Methods of Payment - The ‘Risk Ladder’
- Collections and Bills of Exchange
- What is an L/C?
- How L/Cs work
- Understanding the jargon – L/C terms and expressions
- Role of the banks
- How to request a workable L/C from your customer
- Confirmed L/Cs – why use them and what are the cost implications?
- Using L/Cs to reduce Days Sales Outstanding (DSOs)
- Bank charges – calculating and minimising the costs
- The rules – UCP 600 and ISBP
- L/C examples and exercises
- Techniques for preparing and presenting documents to the bank
- Common problems and how to avoid them
- Discrepancies – what to do if things go wrong
- Hints and tips for dealing with the banks
- Document checking exercise
On completing the course, delegates will know how to select the best terms of payment and how best to achieve them. You will also gain a better understanding of how to minimise discrepancies within documents which can be time consuming and find out how to set up L/Cs which are workable from the outset, saving additional bank charges and administration time. You will also be aware of the cost and cash flow implications of different methods of payment.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for everybody involved in handling L/Cs i.e. export sales, project teams, export managers, administrators, finance teams, shipping and customer services personnel.
Delegate pack includes course hand-outs and certificate. The fee includes lunch and refreshments.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to find out more
Note: For companies registering more than one attendee, up to 15% discount will be applied on additional attendees.
This is one of our courses eligible for government funding, find out more here. Here's how it works - the scheme is only available until 31 May 2019:
1: Choose a course
1. International Business Training: Export Documents - 21 May 2019
2. International Business Training: Letters of Credit for Exporters - 8 October 2019
3. International Business Training: Export Documents - 6 Nov 2019
2. Register and apply for a grant here.
3. Receive confirmation of your grant in writing.
4. Before you claim, book and pay for the training.
5. Submit your claim (payment will be received within 30 days of submission).
From 9:00AM to 4:30PM
London Chamber Of Commerce & Industry (LCCI), London, EC4R 1AP