A National Education Service - What should it mean?
Labour’s widely-welcomed 2017 Manifesto included a promise to create
a National Education Service.
This conference will ask what ideas lie behind this and what might it mean in
We will be asking:
● What entitlement should a National Education Service offer to all learners?
● How can we improve access to education and training opportunities for all?
● How can a National Service offer locally-managed delivery?
● How can an NES deliver lifelong education free at the point of use?
Speakers will include:
- Mike Watson, Labour’s Education spokesperson in the House of Lords
- Jonathan Bartley, Co-Leader of the Green Party
- Kevin Courtney, joint General Secretary of the new National Education Union
- Pam Jarvis, Early Years specialist
- Pam Tatlow, Chief Executive of MillionPlus, the Association for Modern Universities
- Tom Wilson, formerly of the TUC, the Association of University Teachers and previously National Trade Union Liaison Officer for the Labour Party
- a speaker on behalf of parents campaigning on school funding
Doors Open at 9:45AM
Starts at 10:30AM
Mander Hall, Hamilton House, London, WC1H 9BD