brings this witty, humorous and absorbing classic book to life in his one-man Magic Lantern show. Based on the famous book by Robert Tressell, it features political conjuring, music and songs echoing life in the building trades of Edwardian England.PERFORMANCE AT THE HOUSE OF COMMONS
- ' A phenomenal performance'
John McDonnell MP (Shadow Chancellor)
- After my Constituency Labour Party hosted two performances of The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists earlier this month – reimagined for the stage by Townsend Productions and actor Neil Gore – I was inspired to bring this fantastic production to Parliament
Dan Carden MP
- 'A wonderful performance by Neil Gore'
Ian Lavery MP President of the Labour Party)
- 'It was fantastic. ❤️ actors!'
Tracy Brabin MP (Former Coronation Street Star)
- 'Excellent performance of the 1914 classic. I was proud to be one of the MPs in attendance and I thought Neil really brought home the relevance to 2018.' Alex Norris MP
- ★★★★★'The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists is a wonderful entertainment for all the family'Peter Yates Read the full review
- ★★★★★'I left the theatre feeling empowered and thirsty to fight the power and change the future!' Katie Leon Read the full review
- A strong and robust show that brings the characters, humour and inspirational ideas of this great book to life. It is needed now more than ever. You'll leave the theatre and join the struggle!” Ken Loach, Film Director
- ★★★★★Tremendous The Times
- 10/10 Sensational Liverpool Echo
- 'A fantastic evening’s entertainment all round' Julia Armstrong Read the full review