St Albans School Forum on Education
On Saturday 28th May St Albans School will host a day of ideas sharing on the topic of Assessment and Feedback in Secondary Education. The conference will gather together a variety of speakers from both the state and independent sectors to present on and discuss the use of assessment and feedback in teaching and learning. To reflect the collegiate and collaborative nature of the day it will be called a “Forum on Education” and features a huge quantity of high quality sessions.
There will be three keynotes from Jill Berry, Martin Robinson and Ian Yorston.
And a choice of three from the following seminar sessions:
- Dawn Cox Assessment in RE
- Scott Crawford and Ben Weston Assessing the development of skills in science across the secondary curriculum
- Nick Dennis Exploring the ‘testing effect’ to enable knowledge retention and deployment in the Key Stage 3 History classroom
- Heather Fearn The problems with assessing Critical Thinking
- Andy Ford Fdbk: fast feedback when there is no time
- Jennifer Hart Assessing and improving student verbal contributions with a view to ultimately improving written responses
- Cameron Palmer How to make the most of assessment and feedback in MFL
- Mark Pedroz Preparing for new assessments: comparing unseen texts
- Rob Tanner Developing a programme of assessment for the Higher and Extended Projects
- Drew Thomson Assessment and Feedback as a middle leader
- Colleen Young Assessment and Feedback in Mathematics
Parking or a shuttle bus from St Albans City Station, refreshments and lunch are included as part of the ticket cost.
Registration at 8:30AM
Starts at 9:30AM
St Albans School, St Albans, AL3 4HB