Streatham Theatre Company
and The Finding Human Project
present:Being Light in the Darkness - 48 hours to devise and perform a show
“With increasing tensions worldwide, it’s easy to focus on the dark stories we see in the news. Storytelling offers a way to discover empathy and compassion and rehearse them as a “light” response to dark situations.
” Diana Carson - Walker, co-facilitator, The Finding Human Project
Join Streatham Theatre Company and The Finding Human Project in an exciting new piece of stagecraft. In five sessions, beginning Friday evening and culminating in a show on Sunday evening, we will work together to discover, create and perform a story in 15 working hours over a 48 hour period.
No prior experience is necessary! Just bring curiosity and a willingness to co-create.
In this stand-alone collaboration between STC and The Finding Human Project, a new piece of theatre will be created and performed. Practitioners Sandy Brown and Diana Carson-Walker from The Finding Human Project will use physical connection, spatial positioning, story structure, and devising to explore ideas, experiences, and stories around “Being Light in the Darkness.”Programme: Friday 3rd – Sunday 5th May 2019
- Friday evening 7 pm to 10 pm - participants will convene to explore ideas and stories through discussion, review of various media and news venues, and personal experience.
- Saturday 10 am to 5 pm (including lunch break) - ideas that emerge in this first evening will carry forward to Saturday’s workshop, and be explored through physical and spatial discovery processes.
- Sunday 10 am - 5pm (including lunch break) - participants will discover characters, move them through spatial patterns, work with verbatim interview techniques, and devise a short scripted/improvised show.
- Sunday evening 7 pm - the process culminates in a scratch performance on Sunday evening before a small, invited audience in the cosy, informal atmosphere of Vinter’s Studio. Audience tickets £5 on the door only.
- Only 15 places available (booked and paid in advance).
- Participants must be available to attend all 5 sessions and the performance.
- We need 10 or more participants to run the event. If insufficient places are booked we reserve the right to cancel.
: Studio 2, Vinters, 1B Sunnyhill Road, Streatham, London SW16 2UGCosts
: STC Members £10, non-members £20 (includes a year's STC membership)Info
: www.streathamtheatre.org.uk email@example.com
or 020 3432 5710More about The Finding Human Project
| Facebook @TheFindingHumanProject